Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Feeling fortunate I

After reading the article on this year human rights campaign, I told myself that I should feel very lucky. This year campaign focus a big part on women rights, a big focus is on the stories behind the women in developing countries (middle east and etc).  
For most women becoming an adult is an eventful moment but to some women it is a fearful life journey has just started. A country culture and belief caused an inequality between men and women. Culture controlled women to allow their men feel more superior and powerful. How can this unfair treatment survive for so long? We are already in the 21st century.  If they oppose their fate and turn things the other way round, they will be consider as a disgrace to their families. No one will be proud of them even their own mother and their children. As such, some women still went on to change their fate. Their bravery, endurance and confident pull them through the difficulties.
Well, I am a woman of the 21st century and I live in a country of equality. I have a much better life here so why should I still feel not contented…

don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

life journey doesn't just stop for you...
 

No comments: